AEBS is a Spanish Immersion International School that works with infants, toddlers, preschool and elementary school up to 1st grade. We strive to provide different learning avenues to all our students.
The name “Eco” in “Austin Eco Bilingual School” is an important reference to our commitment to teach the values of conservation and becoming responsible global citizens. It is also a fundamental philosophy of our International Baccalaureate® affiliation as an accredited school.
We have programs of once, twice and three times a week for children up to age 3 and full-time Monday through Friday for those in the PYP (Primary Years Programme) whom are typically older than 3. We also have an after-school program, a spring break camp and a summer camp.
AEBS is designed to stimulate young people to be intellectually curious and equipped with the tools to investigate the world. Our students dig deeper into their perception of the world, which is the most important part of a child’s learning. AEBS sees our children with unlimited potential who are eager to interact with and contribute to the world in a compassionate way. We strive to motivate children to be driven by curiosity and imagination, encouraging them to delight in taking the responsibility for his or her own learning.
To make all this happen, AEBS employs its components of Spanish immersion, the International Baccalaureate® PYP curriculum, the Reggio Emilia Approach, and its accreditation by the NAEYC.
As part of an overall educational approach, we utilize a Spanish language program in which the children are immersed in Spanish while participating in activities. In order to achieve the desired levels of Spanish proficiency, children must be fully immersed in the language as early as possible. Once a child reaches the PYP, we begin introducing French and Mandarin once a week. Children learn through experience and integration. We use story time, singing, dancing, arts and crafts, drama, puppets, free time in centers, gymnastics, and reccess to help children develop motor skills, hand-eye coordination, order, sequence, confidence and concentration.
Our Mission AEBS lays the groundwork for a life-long love of learning by combining the benefits of multilingual and intercultural education and promoting international awareness. We strive to provide opportunities to reach both the intrinsic and extrinsic educational potential of every student. We create global leaders who are compassionate learners and who engage, enlighten, empower and contribute to build a better world.
Students at Austin Eco Bilingual are introduced to the Spanish language through linguistic immersion. This method helps children feel comfortable rather than confused or pressured. Introducing each language naturally through everyday situations in the same way as learning a native tongue, creates an environment where Spanish is not a subject matter.
- Create a working community.
- Promote peer relationships.
- Empower children through active learning experiences.
- Learn though exploration and play.
- Specialize the teachers role in the child’s learning.
- Capture a child’s curiosity while they are in the age of discovery.
- Teach and learn in a diverse world.
- Balance the needs and values in our children through philanthropy to improve world communities.
- Integrate artistic natural expressions.
- Foster creative thinking, hard work, ethics and a sense of achievement.
- Provide the environment as a third teacher.
- Students are the protagonists of their own learning.
- Inquiry-based learning is driven by children’s thoughts through questions and personal interest.
- Build inquiring, tolerant and creative minds.
- Empower gifted individuals to innovate and lead.
- Establish a global learning community across diverse geographic, social, economic, and racial boundaries by providing needs-based and merit-based admissions.
- Develop highly trained and effective educators; and positively influence education broadly across the targeted regions of the world, with measurable impact